fairyland in the reality*

Monday, October 23, 2006

Star generators

music none

I came across this Avex Taiwan's singer 何洁 while surfing some entertainment websites.

This 20-year-old won a fourth placing in last year's overwhelmingly popular singing competition "Super Girls (超级女声)", organised by China Hunan's TV Broadcasting Station.

All I knew about the competition was that several contestants shot to fame overnight. Accompanying them were dreams that came true, fame, refreshing new experiences, admirers' support, heavy workload and last but not least, wealth, perhaps.

I surfed her blog, and briefly read through some of her thoughts.

It's a miracle/wonder that some singing competitions can drastically change an ordinary person's life overnight.

I'm amazed, intrigued and delightfully impressed by these "powerful star generators", their "products" and the "by-effects".

And of course, having one's talents to be regconised and appreciated by a someone in the media industry depends a whole lot on luck too. (:

Photo from: http://www.avex.com.tw/hejie/whatsnew.asp

P.S. 小猪 appeared in her MV as well!