eventful
music 對的人 [戴愛玲]
I did 2 things worth remembering yesterday. It's regarding my work. (:
ONE
Made calls to the Singapore High Commission in Kuala Lumpur
In the afternoon, at around 12pm, our office received news about a man who was found dead in a park's shelter, wounded with 3 gunshots.
My supervisor gave me this task of contacting the Singapore high commissioner in KL to enquire more about the details.
This is my first time making overseas calls on work matter and requesting to speak to an official directly on the phone.
As usual, the 5 lines available were mostly engaged. When I got through, Mr Mirpuri was not in, neither was his secretary.
I keep calling until the deadline for article submission arrived. I didn't get to speak to anyone, but luckily I managed to retrieve the extention number of a person in charge of this case.
After hearing what Jieying told me, I realised such unsuccessful attempts happen all the time, especially when it involves the public authorities. They're so busy!
I was asked to approach a fatal accident deceased's family members last week, but the address that I got did not match the neighbour's description of the victim. Worst still, the house was empty.
TWO
Interviewed 9 boys on their opinions of private part size
On 3 Mar this year, an 18 year old boy from a top junior college jumped to his death, as he was convinced that his private part was "too small".
Regarding this case, supervisor asked Jieying and I to interview 20 boys around this age (15 to 24 years old), to gain a deeper understanding of whether private part's size actually bother them.
Expectedly, most boys have normal psychological development. I dunno about the physical part, but most of them replied that they won't be so affected to the extent of committing suicide. Some even said that they won't seek help even when they encounter similar problems.
When tabulating the results, our supervisors laughed at some of the REALLY funny answers. Just look out for our "quotable quotes" section and you'll know.
And I realised that some of my friends are actually mature enough. Some answers impressed me.
I'm glad that I'm able to touch on such sensitive issues because of my work nature. It will be weird to consider it as a topic for our normal conversation, but there is a need to know how Singapore boys view this matter, especially when that JC boy's wrong perception has caused his innocent death.
Last question: Is sex education in Singapore effective enough?
P.S.
I went to mortuary yesterday again, and the photojournalist on duty was yanyan. I forgot how I mentioned about this stylo guy in our office. And yanyan actually approached him and got all his details --- Eng name, Chi name, Hp, Email add, Age, Gender --- for me!
Whoa die la. My reputation has been marred. Me and my big mouth. I just wanted to find out his name, and have NO intentions of wanting to know him further. I'm not that cheap ok, but I'm neither as crazy and courageous as yanyan.
I did 2 things worth remembering yesterday. It's regarding my work. (:
ONE
Made calls to the Singapore High Commission in Kuala Lumpur
In the afternoon, at around 12pm, our office received news about a man who was found dead in a park's shelter, wounded with 3 gunshots.
My supervisor gave me this task of contacting the Singapore high commissioner in KL to enquire more about the details.
This is my first time making overseas calls on work matter and requesting to speak to an official directly on the phone.
As usual, the 5 lines available were mostly engaged. When I got through, Mr Mirpuri was not in, neither was his secretary.
I keep calling until the deadline for article submission arrived. I didn't get to speak to anyone, but luckily I managed to retrieve the extention number of a person in charge of this case.
After hearing what Jieying told me, I realised such unsuccessful attempts happen all the time, especially when it involves the public authorities. They're so busy!
I was asked to approach a fatal accident deceased's family members last week, but the address that I got did not match the neighbour's description of the victim. Worst still, the house was empty.
TWO
Interviewed 9 boys on their opinions of private part size
On 3 Mar this year, an 18 year old boy from a top junior college jumped to his death, as he was convinced that his private part was "too small".
Regarding this case, supervisor asked Jieying and I to interview 20 boys around this age (15 to 24 years old), to gain a deeper understanding of whether private part's size actually bother them.
Expectedly, most boys have normal psychological development. I dunno about the physical part, but most of them replied that they won't be so affected to the extent of committing suicide. Some even said that they won't seek help even when they encounter similar problems.
When tabulating the results, our supervisors laughed at some of the REALLY funny answers. Just look out for our "quotable quotes" section and you'll know.
And I realised that some of my friends are actually mature enough. Some answers impressed me.
I'm glad that I'm able to touch on such sensitive issues because of my work nature. It will be weird to consider it as a topic for our normal conversation, but there is a need to know how Singapore boys view this matter, especially when that JC boy's wrong perception has caused his innocent death.
Last question: Is sex education in Singapore effective enough?
P.S.
I went to mortuary yesterday again, and the photojournalist on duty was yanyan. I forgot how I mentioned about this stylo guy in our office. And yanyan actually approached him and got all his details --- Eng name, Chi name, Hp, Email add, Age, Gender --- for me!
Whoa die la. My reputation has been marred. Me and my big mouth. I just wanted to find out his name, and have NO intentions of wanting to know him further. I'm not that cheap ok, but I'm neither as crazy and courageous as yanyan.
<< Home